Now that the HP property has been acquired and nearly doubled Ute Valley Park, the Colorado Springs Parks and Recreation is working on updating the Ute Valley Park Master and Management plan. They have been gathering public input from small groups and through surveys of users in the park. Over the last few months, public meetings have been held to get more input as they go through the Master and Management Plan process.
The city has a page with more information including feedback gathered from the small groups and surveys taken in the park. You may have to scroll down to see them. You can find the Ute Valley Master Plan info page here.
An open house will be held at Eagleview Middle School, 1325 Vindicator Drive on January 27th from 5 to 7 PM to review the Draft Master/Management Plan.
Ute Valley Park Master and Management Plan Process
- June – September 2014 * Assess Existing Park Conditions by city staff, consultant team and Resource Advisory Group
- June – September 2014 * Identify Issues with focus groups, surveys of park users and community meeting #1
- September – October 2014 * Develop Possible Approaches by city staff, consultant team and Resource Advisory Group
- November 2014 * Review and Respond to Possible Approaches at Community Meeting #2
- November 2014 – January 2015 * Prepare Draft Master/Management Plan by city staff and consultant team
- January 2015 * Review Draft Master/Management Plan at Community Open House and online
- March 2015 * Prepare and Approve Final Master and Managment Plan by city staff and Parks and Recreation Advisory Board